If you like a challenge or you’re ready for a unique opportunity, Infosat can provide ample opportunity to stand out from the crowd.
Join Infosat’s team
Infosat Communications LP is comprised of a small group of individuals who strive to exceed expectation in all aspects of their daily responsibilities. Infosat team members create innovative satellite communication solutions and will go above and beyond to assist customers with all aspects of their Infosat experience.
Position Title: Network Analyst
Organizational Structure Approvals
Department: Customer and Technical Manager: Customer Service Manager Services
Section 3: Purpose of Job
The Network Analyst works as part of a team providing Network Operation Centre (NOC) technical support; network surveillance, control, pro-active corrective and preventative maintenance, as well as provide technical expertise required for the operation of the corporate infrastructure. Network Analysts field 1st level trouble calls from customers, installers, and internal departments. Most of the support work is provided by phone, with some remote access through supervisory systems.
Section 4: Main Responsibilities
- Interacting with customers in a positive and professional manner to resolve problems.
- Create and ensure that all actions are recorded in the trouble report including but not limited to: troubleshooting completed, email correspondence, discussions with senior staff, etc.
- Follow up daily on all open reports and with involved departments to resolve, or escalate as required.
- Troubleshoot remote RF problems on various networks data connectivity issues on site from modem.
- Create and update documentation for the NOC.
- Use various software programs to configure/change/monitor hub and remote systems.
- General system requests as required.
- Proactively monitoring networks for utilization, uptimes, RF issues, etc: repairing or escalating when required.
- Proactively monitoring sites to follow up on down sites on a real-time basis.
- Maintain the monitoring screens and displays to ensure availability at all times.
- Perform daily and weekly backups on all devices requiring backup and periodically test integrity of backups
- Work in conjunction with engineering to maintain the integrity and health of the internal network and power supply devices
- Assist, at the discretion of the senior developer, in keeping enterprise applications running
- Documentation for all of the above
- Other tasks as assigned
- Ability to work weekends on a rotational basis.
Section 5: Education & Experience Required
- College or technical college graduate in computers or networking
- Preferred qualifications; CCNA/CCENT or higher
- Experience with a trouble ticketing system
- Great customer service skills
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency using normal corporate productive programs (Microsoft Office products)
- Desired skill set in the following areas preferred;
- Networking knowledge and experience
- Cisco Knowledge
- RF understanding
- VOIP systems understanding
- Bilingual in French and English a plus
Section 6: Working Conditions
- Full Time; 40 hours per week on a rotational basis plus on call in our Network Operations Centre.