Join the innovative and dynamic team at Infosat to provide advanced communications solutions to some of largest and most successful companies in the energy, forestry, transportation and resource sectors.
Infosat is an established industry leader based in Calgary, Alberta and is owned by Telesat Canada, the world’s 4th largest satellite company. Infosat has a long history of providing reliable satellite communications services to customers across North America and will be a key provider of Telesat’s future Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellite services. Telesat’s LEO services are being developed today and will provide reliable high capacity broadband connectivity anywhere on earth.
We are looking for a motivated accounting professional to play a vital role in shaping and growing our business. If you are interested in a challenging and rewarding opportunity, we offer:
- Competitive base salary plus bonus payments
- Dynamic workplace
- Generous benefits package
- Great location in Calgary
- Opportunity to work in the dynamic satellite industry with a leading company
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, you will:
- Oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including, billing, cash management, accounts payable/receivable, collections, general ledger/journal entries;
- Supervise three accounting team members;
- Complete month-end, quarter-end and year-end reporting;
- Prepare monthly GST and US state tax filings;
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles;
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions;
- Monitor and analyze accounting data; and,
- Assist in the annual budget preparation, monthly forecasting and the comparison of actuals to budget/forecast.
Education & Experience
We are looking for an individual with the following qualifications:
- CPA designation
- University or College degree in accounting
- At least five years of progressive accounting experience
- High attention to detail
- Ability to direct and supervise
- Independent judgment and decision-making skills required
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to present to Director of Finance
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with use of a computer
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Previous experience with Great Plains is considered an asset
This is a full-time, office-based position at our office located in SE Calgary. Office hours are 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. However, your duties may involve some outside of core hours activity in order to meet specific deadlines.
Contact us with your resume at email@example.com