Sales Account Executive
The Account Executive is primarily responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction by generating revenue from selling satellite communication products, services and solutions to new and existing customers. This position plays a fundamental role in managing existing business and developing future growth.
Managing & Developing Existing Accounts
- Grow business with current accounts and close new sales to meet revenue, profitability and sales growth targets.
- Manage current accounts’ ongoing requirements.
- Meet with customers regularly.
- Prepare proposals and negotiate new and renewal contracts with current customers.
Developing New Business
- Identify and qualify new business opportunities in target markets.
- Close sales to new accounts to meet revenue, profitability and sales growth targets.
- Document customer requirements, identify possible solutions, prepare proposals and negotiate contracts with new customers.
Other Sales Responsibilities
- Build relationships with key customers and business partners.
- Work effectively during proposal preparation and contract negotiation with internal resources such as Engineering, Marketing, Finance, and Operations.
- Coordinate and participate in client demonstrations, proposals, and presentations.
- Develop sales strategies, sales plans and forecasts and maintain sales funnel.
- Track monthly revenue streams from customer base.
Education & Experience
Five years of sales experience with a proven track record in account development and successful sales performance combined with a degree in business administration or engineering. Industry specific experience preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The ability to understand customers’ application requirements in order to recommend the optimum service platform to meet customers’ needs.
- The ability to communicate the value and vision of satellite communications to all levels of management up to executive level within an organization.
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills with strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated strong client relations, conflict resolution and relationship-building skills to foster long-term customer retention/satisfaction.
- High energy, self-motivated and results oriented.
- Excellent listening, facilitation, presentation and communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) skills.
- Detail oriented, strong planning and organizational skills.
- The ability to work effectively under pressure and multi-task.
- Willingness to travel to visit key customers and partners.
- A valid driver’s license.
General office equipment
- Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Experience utilizing CRM applications such as salesforce.com
Decision Making & Supervision
Makes sound decisions and recommendations governed by general policy.
May provide leadership to more junior staff
- Regularly work in general office environment
- Occasional travel to customer offices and/or sales conferences